2018 Town Election
Below is a list of commonly asked questions and corresponding answers about the upcoming election. If there are any further questions about the election, they can be addressed to the Hanover County Voter Registration & Elections Office. The Hanover County Voter Registration & Elections Office can be reached by EMAIL or by phone at (804) 365-6080.
- Q: When is the election?
- A: The election is on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- Q: Where do I cast my vote?
- A: The polling location for this election is Ashland Town Hall, which is located at 101 Thompson Street, Ashland, VA 23005.
- Q: What time do the polls open and close?
- A: Town Hall will open to voters at 6:00 AM. Polls will close at 7:00 PM.
- Q: I would like to vote but I am not registered. Where can I register to vote?
- A: Access the Hanover County Voting Webpage for registration information.
- Q: When is the registration deadline?
- A: The last day to register or update your voter registration information is April 9, 2018.
- Q: I can not vote on election day. How do I vote absentee?
- A: Access the Hanover County Voting Web page for absentee voting information. The last day to request an Absentee Ballot by mail or fax is Tuesday, April 24th.
- Q: I am on active duty in the United States Military and cannot vote in person on May 1st. How do I vote absentee?
- A: Read the most recent Hanover County Official Election Notice to learn about resources available to you.
Three individuals completed the Virginia Department of Elections's candidacy filing requirements, like collecting 125 signatures of Town residents, to qualify as a candidate in the Town Council Election. The three candidates who will be on the ballot are listed alphabetically, as follows:
- Terry "Les" Cook
- John Hodges
- Daniel McGraw
Town Council Candidate Forum
The League of Women Voters and Randolph-Macon College hosted a Council Candidate Forum for the upcoming May 1st Town election. During the April 9th Candidate Forum, citizens had an opportunity to hear from the three candidates to garner a better understanding of each candidate's thoughts on a variety of Town related issues.
The recording of the Council Candidate Forum can be accessed by clicking on the following link: Town Meetings.