Overview of Employee Benefits
The Town of Ashland offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): PTO is accrued yearly based on length of service with the Town. Accrued leave is to be used for illness, vacation, or general purposes.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance is furnished for all employees with the Town paying the full premium. Life insurance is twice the amount of an employee's salary, and accidental death coverage is four times the amount of an employee's annual salary.
- Wellness/Fitness: The Town will pay one-half of an approved fitness membership up to $20 per month, and the Town will add $25 per month to the salary of those who meet the minimum "healthy lifestyle" guidelines.
- Retirement: Coverage through the Virginia Retirement System is provided to all employees. Employees are required to contribute 5% of their annual salary to this fund.
- Educational Benefits: The Town will pay certain costs for successful completion of GED preparation or approved college courses.
- Deferred Compensation: The Town provides an optional deferred compensation program with the Town matching $1 for every $2 deferred by an employee and will match up to 4% of an employee's salary.
- Holidays: The Town provides employees with 11 paid holidays and one floating holiday.
- Pool Pass: Employees are entitled to a seasonal pool pass at no charge.
- Employee Assistance Program: The Town offers employees an Employee Assistance Program.
- Health Insurance: The Town offers two health insurance plans through the Commonwealth of Virginia's Local Choice: Key Advantage Expanded and Key Advantage 250. Details of the two plans and a comparison of the two can be viewed by clicking on the following link: Comparison of Plans.