The Ashland Town Attorney represents and advises the Town Council and staff. The role of the Town Attorney is provide effective and efficient legal services to the Ashland Town Council and promote accountability, trust and openness in government.
The town attorney's work includes:
Citizen Legal Representation
- Advising employees and elected and appointed officials about applicable laws governing Town business
- Drafting ordinances and resolutions
- Representing Town officials and employees in court and administrative proceedings
- Reviewing contracts, bond documents and deeds
- Anlyzing cases, statutes, regulations, and proposals which may affect the Town's legal rights and obligations
The Town Attorney does not provide legal advice or opinions to citizens and cannot represent citizens in personal or private legal matters.