Town of Ashland residents are subject to both the town's and Hanover County taxes. All real and personal property assessments are provided by Hanover County. Based upon county assessments the town bills and collects taxes for Ashland residents.
Town of Ashland businesses are subject to real property, personal property, a machinery and tools property tax, meals tax, and transient occupancy tax if applicable. These taxes are remitted directly to the town. Sales tax is remitted to the state.
Current Tax Rates
- Business License (BPOL) - $0.07 / $100 of gross receipts
- Cigarette Tax - $0.22 / pack
- Transient (Hotel / Motel) Tax - 8%
- Machinery & Tools Tax - $0.77 / $100 of assessed value
- Meals Tax - 6%
- Mobile Home Property Tax - $0.07 / $100 of assessed value
- Personal Property - $0.77 / $100 of assessed value
- Real Estate - $0.10 / $100 of assessed value
- Sales Tax - 6.0% (5.3% State, 0.7% CVTA)
- Vehicle License - $25 for cars and trucks, $15 for motorcycles