The Town of Ashland offers curbside brush pickup for all eligible residential properties (only brush and leaves originating from the property itself may be placed at the curb; brush brought in from other locations will NOT be collected).
- Branches and tree/shrub trimmings three inches in diameter or less
- Leaves and grass/weed clippings
- Plant cuttings
*Acceptable items with dirt attached to them will NOT be collected
- Branches, shrubs, and tree trunks larger than three inches in diameter
- Construction materials
- Dirt, or anything with dirt attached to it
- Clumps of grass from bed edging
- Pet waste
- Logs or stumps
**Unacceptable items falling within appropriate size/weight limits may be placed in your trash cart for collection
If piles are found to be unacceptable, the town will leave a note on door as to why we can’t pick it up, and the property owners are responsible for removal.
- Place all brush to be picked up at the edge of your property facing the street
- Avoid placing brush in ditches, gutters, sidewalks, or streets
- Create a separate pile for loose leaves or/and grass clippings so that they can be collected by the leaf vacuum truck
Brush is collected on a regular basis; if you notice brush at the curb for longer than two weeks, let us know - you can use Request Tracker to submit a brush collection request.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Administrative Assistant, Jenny Schontag.