On Saturday, August 23, 2014 the Patrick Henry Half-Marathon will take place from 7:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. The Ashland Police Department asks that vehicular traffic proceed with caution through the areas where the race will take place. Members of the Ashland Police Department, Hanover County Sheriff’s Office and community volunteers will be directing traffic and monitoring the event throughout the Town of Ashland and Hanover County roadways to assist motorists during the event. The following is a list of the intersections which will be majorly affected:
Major Intersections Impacted:
1. England St. & Center St - Mile 1 – 7:00 to 7:15 AM
2. S. James St & Hanover Ave. – Mile 2.5 – 7:08 to 7:30 AM
3. Hanover Ave. & Elmont Rd. - 3.25- 7:20 to 8:00 AM
4. Yowell Rd. & Elmont Rd. - Mile 3.75 & Mile 4.75 – 7:30 to 8:20 AM
5. Yowell Rd. & Blanton Rd. – Mile 6.25 – 8 to 8:40AM
6. Blanton Rd. & Route 54 - Mile 8.25 – 8:00 to 9:00AM
7. Blanton Rd. & Independence – Mile 9 – 8:00 to 9:20
8. Independence & Blunts Bridge – Mile 10 –8:00 to 9:30AM
9. Blanton Rd. at Winston – Mile 12.5 - 8:00 to 10:00AM
The race begins in Ashland on N. Center St, near Henry Clay Rd and proceeds as follows: N. Center to W. Patrick; West on W. Patrick to James St.; South on James St. to Henry Clay Rd.; East to Center Street South on Center St.; Right on Early St. to Duncan St.; Left on Howard Rd, Right on James to Hanover Ave.; West on Hanover Ave to Elmont Rd; North on Elmont Rd, Cross Yowell Rd., Turnaround on Elmont Rd; South on Elmont Rd., Right on Yowell Rd. to Blanton Rd; North on Blanton, Cross Route 54, to Independence Rd.; Left on Independence Rd to Blunts Bridge Rd; Right on Blunts Bridge Rd to N. James; Left on Patrick, Right on Center St to Finish.
You may contact The Richmond Roadrunners Club at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for a map of the course. You may also contact the Ashland Police Department with any questions at 412-0600.