The Ashland Police Department reminds residents the annual Train Day will be taking place on Route 54 and Railroad Avenue on Saturday, November 7, 2015, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Due to the large amount of pedestrian traffic on both sides of the railroad tracks, the following road closures will begin at 7:00 a.m.:
• Route 54 from Virginia Street to Duncan Street.
• The 100 block of North Railroad Avenue (both sides).
• The 100 block of Hanover Avenue.
• The 100, 200 and 300 blocks South Center Street/Railroad Avenue (both sides of tracks, from Route 54 to Myrtle Street),
• Robinson Street between South Center Street and the driveway to the rear of Cross Brothers Grocery,
• Lee Street between South Center Street and the south side rear driveway of the library closest to Virginia Street,
Traffic on Route 54 will be detoured around the Train Day event using these routes:
• Eastbound traffic on Route 54 will be detoured north onto North James Street, east on Henry Clay Road to College Avenue, south on Henry Street to Route 54.
• Westbound Route 54 traffic will be detoured north onto Henry Street, west on College Avenue to Henry Clay Road, then south on North James Street to Route 54.
Motorists wishing to avoid the event area altogether can use Ashcake Road as an alternate to Route 54.
All roadways closed for the event are scheduled to re-open at 5:00 p.m.
Temporary no parking signs will restrict parking on Henry Clay Road between Center Street and North James Street and both sides of Center Street/Railroad Avenue from Henry Clay Road to Myrtle Street between 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Sunday November 7.
Anyone with questions may contact the Ashland Police Department at (804) 412-0600.