The Town’s loose-leaf collection equipment will be making two passes through the entire town between now and the end of the year, once in November and once December. The collection runs on a scheduled route through the Town as weather permits (a.k.a. not raining or snowing).
When raking your leaves, please avoid raking leaves into the street, the gutters, or drainage ditches, and be sure that the leaf piles do not contain pet waste, twigs, limbs, or other heavy objects that may damage the leaf collection equipment or/and delay the collection of your leaves. If possible, please refrain from parking on the street when leaf collection is scheduled to take place in your area. This will assist the street crews in their leaf collection efforts and will help to protect your car from the dust and debris generated by the leaf collecting equipment.
If you wish to schedule your leaf raking close to when the leaf vacuum truck will be in your area, determine what section you are in and have your leaves at the curb by the FIRST DAY of the dates shown for your section (please note that actual collection of your leaves may be several days after the date listed, depending on weather or/and your specific location within the section):
- Section C (east of US Route 1) – November 6 – 8
- Section A (west of railroad tracks) – November 9 – 17
- Section B (east of railroad tracks to west of US Route 1) – November 20 – 30
- Section C (east of US Route 1) – December 1 – 7
- Section A (west of railroad tracks) – December 8 – 18
- Section B (east of railroad tracks to west of US Route 1) – December 19 – 31
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jenny Schöntag at 804-752-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.