In response to a level of service from our trash service provider that did not meet the Town's (or customers') expectations, the Town's trash service provider will change in the new year.
Beginning January 16th, 2023, WM will be the trash provider for the Town of Ashland.
What is NOT Changing:
- Pickup day. Trash will continue to be collected weekly on Mondays from existing trash carts.
- Porch pickups. Those who qualify for porch/driveway pickups due to mobility or other issues will still receive this service from WM.
- Recycling collection. The Town's recycling collection provider and schedule will not change.
What IS Changing:
- Cart placement. Carts must be placed at the curb with at least 3 feet between parked vehicles and other carts. Lids must open toward the street.
- Bulky waste pickup. Requests for bulky waste collection must be made in advance of trash day. The deadline is 2 pm on Friday for service the following Monday. Pickup is still free as long as the load will fit in the bed of a standard-size pickup truck. Larger loads require a fee. Schedule bulky waste pickup through the customer self-service tool, or call 804-340-0900.
See CVWMA's Ashland page for more information and/or contact them directly with any questions.