It’s that critical season where I present a recommended budget to the Town Council for their consideration for the next fiscal year (July 1, 2023 -June 30, 2024), and I’m happy to share a preview of my recommendation with you today.
In addition to the details included in my letter to Town Council, I’m happy to share that my recommended budget includes the following items we’ve heard are important to the community:
- Funding to plan for North Ashland Park, replace skateboard park equipment at Pufferbelly Park, and replenish our park equipment maintenance line items.
- Funding for three additional police officers to allow adequate staffing to ensure 24/7 coverage for our community while also allowing our officers the time off they need to recuperate and focus on their mental health and well-being.
- Significant funding to continue construction of our recently adopted sidewalk priorities list.
- Sufficient funding to complete the next phase of our downtown streetscape improvements along England Street from Center Street to Henry Street.
- Continued investment in our newly formed Public Art Commission.
While there are many additional projects and programs included in the budget plan I hope you’ll agree that these quality-of-life investments will continue to make Ashland the wonderful Center of the Universe we all know and love.
Feel free to read my full budget letter to Town Council here, and as always, reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!